no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

2012


The movie 2012... I watched at home, which I think it was a waste. Those effects are worthwhile to pay that $10 to watch in a theather. Too bad that I didn't have time for that, I watched that when I was studying Japanese. >_<

In general, I think this movie is well done. Doesn't matter if Hollywood took the advantage of the Mayas. It is an opportunity afterall. What I got out of it is the humanities from this movie. The first reaction I got was, humans are horrible. Second thought was.. if it was me.. I might act the same? We are all selfish, we all want to protect ourselves first. Different from the leading roles, (or  maybe I don't have kids yet?)  I would be calm and say the last words to my love ones, just like the fathers on the cruise.

I am sure live is precious. If there is an opportunity, we should try to live longer and better. Yet, step back. is it worth it? How many people lost their lives when they were trying? I just thought it is better do something more meaningful than try too hard to run away from death.

The scene I remember the most is the India scientist who died with his whole family. At least they are all loved and together until the moment they leave this world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment