no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

2011 Winterlicious

Toronto got Summerlicious and Winterlicious.[Toronto 2011 Winterlicious]
This is the first year I go to a Winterlicious. The restaurant we went is Five Doors North. We decided it pretty late, couldn't get a reservation on Saturday night so we went on a Tuesday after work. The restaurant we picked is pretty small, afterall it is on Yonge Street.

I got a Alaska crab meat cake as my appetizer, lamb rack for main course and creme brule for dessert. We also got Aresti Carbernet Sauvignon for wine drink and long island after the meal.

Overall, I rate this meal 6/10. However the score wasn't for the food completely. I just enjoyed the dining expereince in general. The crab meat cake is good, but hardly taste any crab meat.  The creme brule looks pretty but taste pretty weird. It is not hot or cold, werid. The wine is pretty new and I doubt there was any alcohol in my long island. Yet, the main course - lamb rack is pretty decent.

The meal wasn't as good as I expected. Maybe I picked a wrong restaurant. Hopefully, the upcoming summerlicious would be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment