no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

Haiti

Haiti earthquake is been a popular topic around people these days.
I didn't pay too much attention to it until I come back home. I guess TV news are more appealing than the internet ones. That's why one picture is better than thousand words. Visual appealing is a lot more important.

Haiti, a 200 years old country located in Latin America. It is a very poor country with several political corruptions. Haitians can't really help themselves.

This earthquake is pretty serious, without any doubt. People around the world, including all the worldwide charity organizations are participated. I was going to help with the fundraiser events, unfortunately it didn't fit my schedule. I would of contribute some to it. Looking at the videos and pictures, it is very sad. I thought the 2008 earthquake in China was bad, I guess numerical stats shows this one is worse. Of course, politically, Haiti has closer relationship with the U.S.

I agree we should show some mercy to the weak party. We should help them as we can. On the other hand, I also think many people and organizations benefit or take advantage of this kind of tragedy and disaster. In those people's perspective, threat is an opportunity. I don't think it is ethical, but it is understandable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment