no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

Hockey

Hockey should sound familiar to the North Americans.
We have NHL every year, and I would say it is a national sport of Canada.
Kids start skating and play hockey since they are young. Not only ice hockey, field hockey is also popular. It is very common to see kids wear roller skates and play hockey in neighborhoods.

I wasn't that interested in hockey before, because I thought it is pretty violent. Athletes seems hitting each other a lot.
I guess it is peer pressure, now that everyone cheers for Canada in Winter Olympics, I started watch it too. Actually, it is pretty interesting.
Hockey has three period, 20min each. The pace is faster than basketball and soccer. There are not many penalties as basketball. Personally, I think it takes more skill than other sports. Because you need to ace skating and playing at the same time. (I think skating is so much harder than running 0_o)

I watched the men's preliminary round this week. They were all pretty exciting games. Of course I cheered for Canada. =)
Canada is playing semi-final against Slovakia on Friday.  & US is playing to Finland.

0 comments:

Post a Comment