no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

civil servants

named as civil servants, tax payers pay for your salaries. theoratically, they should work for the citizens with the best manner, provide efficient service. ever since when, civil servants only care about themselves because the job is permanent, they are not really serving anymore.

I work in an accounting firm, need to deal with Canada Revenue Agency regularly.
I am gonna quote some conversations as following, you would of understand why I complain.

>> M - Me, A - Agent

M: Hi, I am inquiring this xxx issue. (A very general question) What would be the process of it?

A: Where are you calling from?

M: XXX

A: What is the Business number?

...... (ask me all the confidential information)

M: So, what would be the progress if I want to do xxx?

A: You called before, we put in the request for you. All you can do is wait for our letters.

M: Yes, I call two weeks ago. You said you would send me the letter, but I didn't receive anything. I need to get it done by the end of this month.

A: All you can do is wait, we will send it out.

M: Is there anything I can do to advance the procedure then?

A: No, there is nothing you can do.

M: How long would it take then?

A: I don't know, it depends on our work load.

>>
depend on your work load? so if you think you are busy, you will never handle my file then? we pay that much of taxes every year, this is the service we get. even you work 9am-5pm, with the most on time breaks, at least work efficiently when you are working.


my parents told me to apply for government positions too.
they say it is stable, a lot of benefits and high salary.
what i think is... working there, slows a person's development and even forget about the principle of being an employee.
my conclusion is... they are lazy, because they are used to get a lot from working very little.

1 comments:

OH MY! I totally have to agree with you! And what's with Toronto's garbage-men? All they require is a high school diploma? and they're complaining about their wage? They make more than I do, at least i went through 3 years of university, and i am an engineer-to-be.

I think they are definitely being paid more than what they're worth, of course, in terms of the time they've spent on their professional development.

Feels like my family is paying tax for nothing. Toronto is a dump. Its smelly. Garbage overflows from garbage bins. And I am not proud of it.

Toronto is now being ranked with other more dangerous regions, like mexico. Laughable.

 

Post a Comment