no regrets

if today is the only day you get, how would you like to spend it

Chicago



Chicago...the thanksgiving weekend trip

This is the first time I go to Chicago.
It is a very short trip, but overall it was good.
Because we drove there, the road condition was not great the first day.
Fortunately, the town did not disappoint me.

The city planning was good. The buildings are not as crowded as NYC or HK. It was very enjoyable to walk in downtwon Chicago. We drove around the city, the spaces, malls, architectures are amazing. However, the traffic planning is not that pleasant. All taxis drive aggresively. The lanes are not clear, which confuses drivers a lot. Other than that, I really like Chicago.

Compare to New York, I like Chicago better.
I beleive Chicago is famous for tis architects too. Willis Tower (a.k.a Sears Tower) is the tallest building in the world, including the forecast pole. There is a clear box on the 103rd floor extend out and I actually dare to stand out there. It is always say than do it. I didn't think I am scared of height. Yet, it did take some effort to stand out there at that specific moment. It took us quite a while to line up get up there, but I guess it is worth it. Compare to the Rockefeller Center in NYC, viewing the city from Willis Tower, Chicago has more spacing and buildings are not as huge.
Mentioning the style of buildings. I realize that the buildings in Chicago pays more attention to details. I see more embossment as decorations in walls. I didn't realize how fine art is apart of thie Chicago culture until I was actually in the City. Even the restaurants, walls are all decorated with portaits and still live drawings. I really like the artistic atmosphere there.


I am looking forward to visit the town again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment